Monday, December 10, 2012

community involvement


This past weekend I was able to enjoy some quality time with my family.  We make it a Holiday tradition every year to visit Mayberry Café in Danville, IN and Drive around Hendricks County to view the Community Christmas lights.  The Parks Department in Danville in sponsorship with the Danville Chamber of Commerce each year put on a dazzling display of lights in the park for everyone to enjoy no matter what age you are.  I was even more thrilled to see several of the small business owners I am associated with have a large part of sponsoring such a wonderful event for the Community to see.  Community involvement benefits the entire community and is a powerful tool for the small business owner.  

Being involved in the community is a great way for the small business owner to get the word out about the service or products they offer, and also a great way for you to show how much you care about the community.  For years I have been a part of the wonderful events not only in my local community of Hendricks County but also the around the City of Indianapolis. 

Three very large events that I have personally been involved with over my years in Business are the Indianapolis Humane Society’s Mutt Strut, Which AddressTwo will be putting a team together for the 2013 Strut, The Brownsburg Bow Wow Bash, and The Gleaners Food Bank Gala.  All of the events listed below are not only great causes but also great events to show of my expertise in business at.  For the Gleaners Food bank Gala and the Bow Wow Bash I was the MC of the events showing off my public speaking skills.  At the Mutt Strut I have helped organized many aspects of it including several large teams that walk for the cause, showing of my organizational skills and event managements skills as well.  In any case I’ve always done those events as a representative from my companies that I own or work for and have found new clients and friend of my businesses for both.  But the bigger thing that just that is I’ve found the time and energy to give back and help spread the message of a cause that I hold near to me.
So what’s next in 2013?  Besides keeping up with the wonderful events listed above I plan to add at least one more into the mix which would be supporting St. Jude Children’s Hospital.   Two reasons why I have chosen this cause is because they are a role model organization when it comes down to marketing what they do and who they serve and I would like to learn more about that model for my business.  I also support them because my younger brother who I am very proud of is a research doctor there and want to see his work continued to help kids in need.


No comments: