Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Something Different

Today's blog post is a bit out of the ordinary but I find that it is very easy to write about.  What was something I don't normally eat.  Rabbit.  Interesting thing, I actually had rabbits as pets growing up so the thought of eating a rabbit, not gonna lie, kinda grossed me out.  However, my boss at AddressTwo owns another company called Meat the Rabbit and that thought had to change.

We had been planning an office outing for a while and my boss had been bragging about this great restaurant in Zionsville, IN that was now serving his Rabbit.  So somehow I came up with the (great) idea... Let's go eat rabbit.  Man sometimes I have to learn to keep my mouth shut when I'm thinking.

Rabbit Confit
It was a Friday night late November and we headed up to Plum's Upper Room. The three of us from the office sit down to a great bottle of wine and start to talk about dinner.  The Rabbit dish of the night was, Rabbit Confit (Click the link for a much better description.)  The chef comes to the table and we quickly learn his back ground and the great and amazing things he's learned to do with food, and become very impressed with his culinary knowledge.  We order I'm still a little weary at this point but I've now got stake in the game, I've met the chef.  I have to try this and like it.

Well, long story short is.  I liked it.  It was good.  I know you all hear things like taste like chicken.  It does however I think that it was actually a bit tastier than chicken.  It has tons flavors not to mention it was garnish with some other unbelievable side dishes and great conversations with some pretty cool dudes from the office.  I think it was pretty cool to get out and try something I was a little leary about.  Would you try it?

No comments: