Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What was the wisest thing you did this year?


What was the wisest thing you did this year?

I work in software sales.  Sales are hard.  Sales can sometimes not be fun.  But what we do know is sales can be rewarding and fun if you make it that way.   Change of Focus is a great idea to make it that way.

For the first few months at what my job I was focused on bringing in resellers of our product, or our Partner Providers.  Great right?  Well yes and no.  Yes, because I was meeting with and talking to marketing, sales, and internet experts from all over the country who were interested in my product.  No, because these people have people who have people who take a long time to make a simple decision like a software switch to save them money.

After about 6 months of creating some great relationships with some great marketing companies, I realized that’s what marketing is, I’m supposed to be making the sales.  So with the advice of my awesome business coach I started to focus on my individual sales and not my reseller relationships!  And guess what? My Sales improved and my customer service remarks and comments from our customers are making my job a heck of a lot of fun and rewarding too.  Stuck in a rut?  Just shift things around just a little and you’ll be amazed what a little focus can do for your year.

No comments: