Monday, December 10, 2012

Hang that on the Fridge


What did I make this year?  Rather than beat around the bush I didn't make much of anything.  But then I have to ask do I like to make stuff?  (Other than Legos)  Not really.  I’m ok at making dinner  (if I get home early enough,) I’m ok at making the bed (if my dogs don’t jump on it after I’m done,) and I’m ok at making kids crafts (You do that a lot when you have small kids.)  What I did make is my customers Happy.  That’s it that’s what I made this year!

Starting off in a new sales position almost one year ago to the date into a company that the president and founder was the sales guy at for the last 3 years can be a hard transition to make.  Not only for the new guy but also for the president of the company.  To be honest my sales were not where in the ball park of what they should have been for 2012.  It’s taken me a long time to get used to the fact that year number one in the new role, just wasn't that great. 

However there is a silver lining I’m starting to see as we close out 2012.  That is I’ve paid attention to my customers and helped them to understand the value of the great product we offer the small business owner, in AddressTwo.   My customers are starting to recognize my attention to details and quality of service I give them and are letting my boss know that too!  Not only that but I’m seeing that the customers that I’m taking care of are starting to share the power our simple CRM for small business with their customers and friends.
 
So can I hang It on the fridge cause I made it?  Probably Not.  But what I can do is have a clear path to keeping the customers I have happy and the customers I’m going to strive to get in 2013.  So this year I’m going to build a goals chart for 2013 and keep three times the number of people happy this year with what we do at AddressTwo!

No comments: