Monday, December 10, 2012

Lego the Stress


I thought Christmas was supposed to be a Jolly ol’ time?  Let me spare you the ramblings of all the things I have going on in my world because I’m sure you have yours as well.  We all do, that’s a part of life.  When Life gets me stressed … I play legos.

Yup you read that right.  Legos.  I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed playing legos as a kid with my little brother.  I can remember getting up before the sun came up on a Saturday in the winter and playing legos with my kid bother until the sun went down.   We had so much fun building and talking while we built things.  We would talk about the future, what we wanted to be when we grew up, oh yeah and I’m pretty sure there were several fights that involved legos being ‘tossed’ at  someone’s eye (Sorry about the little brother.) Time seemed to just melt away and we had a lot of fun.

Today I can have some of the pretty rough days as an adult at work.  But there are three things I look forward to when opening the door to my house.  One is the super high pitched scream of my 2 year old daughter who always comes running from where ever she is in the house to give me a hug and kiss hello.  The Second thing is the kiss and the I love you from my wife.  And one of my favorite things is the “Daddy, Can you help me with my lego firehouse tonight.”  What a great way to end the day and melt the troubles away.  Go Play with some legos it helps I promise!

No comments: